Blog
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter See what I'm pinning on Pinterest

FREE Content Inspiration

Sign up below to have FREE content ideas for your email newsletter delivered to your inbox each month.

18 Responses to How to add video to your Mailchimp newsletter

1. Ooo, nice tip – so easy to implement that I’ll be trying it once I launch my vid series!

2. Loui says:

Great tip! Have been sruggling with this for ages. Those graphics really help. Thankyou!

• Meg says:

Hi Loui, so glad to help! If you have anything else you would like to learn how to do in Mailchimp let me know!

3. Ohh! Very cool! I had no idea you could do that. Here I was taking screen shots and everything. Good to know! Thanks for the tip!

4. Cool! I use MailChimp – and while I know there are some drawbacks as compared to AWeber in particular – I just do love MailChimp for so many reasons. :-)

• Meg says:

I gotta admit, I like Mailchimp. It does everything I need it to and has loads of cool features to help you make the most of your email list …. that and its free to use while you’re just getting started.

5. Quora says:

How do you embed videos into mailing list newsletters?…

MailChimp make it really easy to embed a screenshot of your video + a link to where it lives into your email with merge tags – here’s a tutorial of how its done for YouTube vids. http://www.bloomonline.co.nz/2012/07/how-to-add-video-to-your-mailchimp-

6. Veena V says:

Thank you so much for blogging this! I always wondered if mailchimp did this. Just sent my newsletter out with my latest youtube video

Thank you!
    Veena V :)

7. Lindsay says:

Is there a certain spot I have to put that mergetag in?

• Meg says:

Hi Lindsay, just add the merge tag where you want the video image to show up.

• Lindsay says:

Thanks Meg, I finally got the video to show up, but there is all this junk next to it:

” target=”_self” style=”color: #EB4102;font-weight: normal;text-decoration: underline;word-wrap: break-word !important;”>Invalid URI supplied

how do I get rid of that?

8. ChinatownKitty says:

Thanks dear. I was just thinking to add a URL link and allow users to click on it. But, your way is much better. It looks much more professional. I think I will try it on my campaign. I hope it works on my template.

9. Jewel says:

OOps!! Thanks for this simple yet great help. I was looking for this video embedding.

How can I use auto-play videos in newsletter like webpages?

• Meg says:

Hi Jewel

Unfortunately you can’t add videos themselves to emails. An email is quite a different beast from a website, and embedding videos really just doesn’t work as many email clients will just strip out the embedded video.

There are a couple of services that will let you add video into emails … check out http://www.videoemail.com/ – but even they can don’t guarantee that all your subscribers will be able to see the video.

10. Fiona says:

Hi Meg
    Can you help? I’ve tried this so many times and it’s not working at all.

I’m putting this in my email campaign

*|YOUTUBE:[$vid=cITNveY-kig]|*

(This is the URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cITNveY-kig)

ANd all that happens is I get all that text in the box and no image / link to youtube…? I’m getting so frustrated as everyone’s saying it’s so easy ;)
    Any ideas?